The only range of Bare Wire HCOFC*** Copper RCA interconnectors anywhere in the world.
BrendaTM B3: 'The Rocket'.
The BrendaTM B3 has the Earth ( return ) insertion cylinder coupled behind the Signal insertion cylinder. This enables a smaller diameter BrendaTM while still using a locking cylinder as with the BrendaTM B2. All other design aspects of the BrendaTM B2 have been incorporated in the BrendaTM B3. The Brenda™ B3 is more adaptable for low profile appliances where its size is more easily accommodated // and where the RCA chassis receptors on the appliance where the BrendaTM is being used, are at least at 21mm centers or greater. The BrendaTM B3 has an overall diameter of 21mm ( just over 13/16th inch ). The Brenda B3 has a signal pin with an insertion cylinder of 14mm depth and 4.0mm in diameter. The Earth insertion cylinder is will accomodate a return diameter of up to 5.3mm. By securing the bare wire firmly into the body of the BrendaTM B3 Bare wire connector the quality of the connection delivers excellent reproduction of audio not possible with any solderable connector. The sense of immediacey and depth as well as stability of the stereo holographic image are unparalleled and not achievable by any solderable connector. Involvement and intimacey are just two of the words that many users describe the consequence of using the BrendaTM B3 connectors. The pure Copper ClawLock's large surface area ensures that all RF and electromagnetic interference is quickly and quietly earthed into the return path.
This is what enables the BrendaTM B3 to deliver the quietest background noise floor than any other RCA connector anywhere in the world today.
Review and user comments links are below.
Its component parts are:
The Claw: this is where the BrendaTM B3 clamps onto the chassis receptor.
The Signal Pin: This is where the Signal wire ( the positive pole ) is secured into its cylinder with twin set-screws.
The Anchor: This is where the Earth and shield wires are secured, also with twin set-screws.
The ClawLockTM: The ClawLockTM is almost as long as the BrendaTM B3 itself. It screws back over the Claw to secure the BrendaTM B3 onto its chassis receptor. The ClawLockTM is machined from solid Pure Copper Billet and acts as the perfect shield for the internals of the BrendaTM B3.
BEST IN THE WORLD
The Strain relief for cable securement on the Brenda B3 is the best in the world! It utilises 6 x M4 set screws to hold the interconnect cable perfectly in place: centred into its ingress into the connector rear through the back of the anchor! No other connector on the planet can match this excellent strain relief engagement.
The Brenda B2 and B3 have Pure Copper ClawLocks. No other locking interconnector components anywhere in the world today have Copper locking barrels. The advantage of Copper being that the shielding is the absolute best ).
There is now only one variant of the B3 and that is Variant 7. As the size of both the B2 and B3 are non standard there was no point in trying them to fit them where they cant; so the design paradigm was pushed to its limit allowing for oem requirements and also for the serious hobbyist and diy'er to make their best cables possible. Now three manufacturers currently offer cables with the B3 and these designers are artisans and serious practitioners of their art of cable manufacture. The new variant utilises a ring of 6 x M4 threads for M4 set screws to hold the cable in place. This offers unprecedented stability in holding the cable secure and minimising vibrational and unstable flexure artefacts at this critical juncture.
- INTERCONNECT CABLE MANUFACTURERS CURRENTLY UTILISING THE BRENDA B3 IN THEIR LINE OF INTERCONNECT CABLES:
Click the above icons to visit their website.
- CABLE MAKERS THAT WILL INSTALL YOUR INTERCONNECT CABLE INTO THE BRENDA B3:
Brenda B3 Specifications:
- Maximum diameter
- ( Between Centres )
- B3: The Rocket Variation 7
- 100 mm
- 21.0 mm
- 22.0 mm +
- 114 grammes
All Brenda B3 variants are unconditionally stable for phase and impedance at all audio frequencies.
Click here to read six moons review of Cableresearchlab.com Gold series cable with Brenda B3
Brenda B3 Connector and Cables prices.
Return to Bocchino Audio contents page
How to wire your interconnect wire into the set-screw engine in the B3 BrendaTM.OK its a bit fussy and involved in getting it correct but the benefits far outweigh the extra attention to detail required to do the assembly right.
- When inserting wire into the B3 BrendaTM set-screw engine trim the outer jacket of the cable back a distance of '55 millimetres' at each end.
- This will enable you to trim the individual insulation jackets on each of the wire polarities easily.
- Internally the BrendaTM connector is quite long.
- Trim 12 millimetres of insulation off the ends of each polarity.
- Fasten the rear most set screw onto the inserted cable while leaving the front set screw hole empty.
- I recommend that ROCOL J166 be inserted into the insertion cylinder via the front open set screw hole and then fasten the front set screw into place.
- This is supplied in the plastic syringe with the connectors.
- Or that the stripped ends of the wires be smeared with ROCOL J166; This may prove to be messy and the first suggestion is recommended.
- Unscrew the rear set screw and insert the shim supplied so that the shim sits between the base of the set screws and the trimmed exposed ends of the cable.
- The Wire is then secured by screwing down the set-screws onto the shim and so securing it into the component.
- The Return wire is trimmed shorter than the signal wire due to the return cylinder being rearward of the signal pin.
- Repeat the fastening process for the return.
- Wipe away the excess ROCOL J166.
- Screw on the Claw-Lock and secure the cable jacket with the securing locking screws at the rear and the BrendaTM connector is ready to use.
- Sit back and enjoy!
- Where very thin wires are used then use the use of thin Copper or Silver shim inserted between the base of the set screws and the thin wires is paramount.
- Do not over tighten the set-screws onto the wire. Adequate female firmness is sufficient.
OK so its a little fussy! You need to use this technique for the B2 and B11 also; The result is well worth the mess!
*** HCOFC: High Conductivity Oxygen Free Copper 99.94% Pure Copper